Development ManagerCompany: Great Plains Zoo and Delbridge Museum of Natural History
Date Posted: November 6, 2017
The Great Plains Zoo in Sioux Falls, South Dakota is seeking an energetic and experienced professional to join our team as the Development Manager. The successful candidate will help build the private support base of the Great Plains Zoo through strategic planning, effective writing and communication skills, and by working in collaboration with other Zoo staff to identify appropriate opportunities which directly benefit the Great Plains Zoo.
The Great Plains Zoo is a successful, dynamic and fast-paced non-profit institution with a track record of growth.
- Our mission is focused on Conservation and Education.
- We welcome over 315,000 guests and educate over 40,000 kids each year with engaging experiences to connect them to animals and the natural world.
- The Zoo is accredited by the AZA (Association of Zoos and Aquariums) ensuring that we provide the highest level of care to the over 1,000 animals in our care.
The Development Manager will report to the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships and External Relations and will be responsible for managing in-house development department functions including, acknowledgments, database management, business membership development, coordinating appeal mailings; overseeing donor research and planning and coordinating special events. The Development Manager is also responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining systems that ensure the successful and effective execution of the department’s annual development plan.
The right candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of related work experience. A proven track record of success in the solicitation of corporate sponsorship and philanthropic gifts for non-profit organizations is preferred.
The 45-acre Great Plains Zoo is located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, a growing community with:
- A metro population of 252,200
- A healthy economy and a robust arts and cultural scene
- Recognition from Forbes magazine as the second best small metro area in the nation for business and careers.
- Coverage from the Wall Street Journal in May of 2017 under the headline: “As Many Midwest Cities Slump, Sioux Falls Soars.”
The Zoological Society of Sioux Falls provides competitive pay and a generous benefit package to employees including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Eight paid holidays
- 18 days of paid time off per year, to start
Qualified candidates should send a completed job application and résumé with pertinent professional history and references to:
Dave Haan, Vice President of Strategic Partnerships and Externals Relations
Great Plains Zoo
805 S. Kiwanis Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Job application materials can be found at http://www.greatzoo.org/Careers/Development-Manager
Application deadline is November 29, 2017.