Assistant Athletic Director – Assistant Director of DevelopmentCompany: University of South Dakota Foundation
Date Posted: October 2, 2017
Assistant Athletic Director – Assistant Director of Development
The University of South Dakota Foundation has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our athletics team. This position works in a high-paced, creative and collaborative team environment where change and innovation are encouraged.
- Identify opportunities and implement procedures to grow the Howling Pack
- Assist with the solicitation of gifts for all athletics initiatives, keeping the Howling Pack as the top priority, and qualifying donors as prospects for major gift solicitation.
- Oversee the management of all athletic fundraising events including auctions, golf outings, monthly lunches, tailgate and hospitality events, reunions and other special events.
- Assist in the preparation of written materials for fund-raising purposes including descriptions of gift opportunities, brochures, proposals, speeches, gift acknowledgements and reports to donors.
- Coordinate with Foundation staff on implementation of the Howling Pack portion of the Annual Campaign.
- Conduct regular Howling Pack Board meetings.
- 4-year degree business, marketing or other related fields is required.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with fundraising/sales preferably at a college athletics level.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, writing and active listening skills.
- Willingness and ability to make cold calls.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- 403b matching
- Paid vacation and sick leave
The USD Foundation has come a very long way since its humble origin in 1922, providing increasing resources for the development of South Dakota’s flagship university. Since the turn of the 21st Century, the Foundation has been a major player in more than $250 million of campus improvements and millions more for student aid, faculty support and other operating needs.
Although the Foundation has built a strong professional staff, its success lies with the dedicated alumni and friends of USD and the many volunteers who have served as officers, trustees and members of the board along with visionary leaders of the University itself.
The future holds even more promise at USD, in partnership with the Foundation, continues to raise its prominence as one of the nation’s highest quality comprehensive state universities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status.
Submit resumes and cover letters to Jean Healy, Director of Human Resources at Jean.email@example.com.