Chief Financial Officer/Operations - Northern State UniversityCompany: Northern State University
Date Posted: September 12, 2017
Qualifications: BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- Years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in higher education, real estate /property management, and or a related industry.
- Expertise in fund accounting preferred.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of the Audit and Finance Committee by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the Executive Committee so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide Executive Committee and NSUF Board with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgeting and reporting to the NSUF.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
Attributes, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of financial planning, forecasting, Blackbaud NXT and Excel is preferred.
Setting: Northern State University is a premier regional institution characterized by outstanding instruction, extraordinary community relations, and unparalleled extracurricular opportunities. For the past five years, NSU has been named by US News and World Report as one of the best undergraduate institutions in the Midwest. NSU is fully accredited by NCATE, NASM, NIBS and HLC. NSU is located in Aberdeen, South Dakota, a vibrant community in northeastern S.D. The city has a population of approximately 28,000 people and is a retail hub for the region. The University enjoys a positive and strong relationship with the city and region.
Application: Review of applications will begin immediately. Position is open until filled with a 10/01/17 start date. For more information regarding this position, and to apply, visit: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. Click on ‘Northern State University’ in the Quick Search section. The system will guide you through the electronic application form. AA/EOE