Development DirectorCompany: The Compass Center
Date Posted: June 30, 2017
Summary / Objective:
The Development Director will build and execute a comprehensive development strategy that results in increased regular and major giving and establishes the infrastructure for a sound, sustainable fund development program for the organization. This opportunity is for a development professional who wants to build a development program from the ground up.
- Responsible for research, development, and implementation of a comprehensive strategic fundraising and donor communications plan for The Compass Center.
- Documents and tracks performance related to identified objectives in the strategic fundraising and communications plan.
- Evaluates giving strategies of the organization and works toward continuous improvement of the overall fund development strategy for the organization.
- Develops budget and plan of work related to all fund development activities.
- Responsible for coordination and preparation of presentations and grant proposals to individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Responsible for design and implementation of project/capital gift campaigns.
- Manages the donor data base (Little Green Light) and keeps it up-to-date.
- Cultivates relationships with individuals, corporations and foundations through personal visits.
- Coordinates appropriate donor recognition.
- Acts as liaison to supporting organizations and groups fundraising to benefit The Compass Center.
- Responsible for special events.
- Responsible for coordination of publications, electronic communications, events and other outreach activities to donors.
- Gives presentations about the organization’s fundraising opportunities.
- Promote the volunteer program to gain community support of the volunteer program and organization.
Send cover letter and resume to Michelle Markgraf | firstname.lastname@example.org