Director of DevelopmentCompany: Boys & Girls Club of Brookings
Date Posted: February 28, 2017
- Belief, commitment and demonstration of the Boys & Girls Club core values: integrity, high expectations, teamwork and quality
- Serve as liaison and provide vision and planning for the Resource Development board committees in each Unit
- Work with Executive Director and Resource Development Committees in each Unit to create and implement annual resource development plan
- Create monthly board report and provide to Executive Director
- Actively participate and contribute to management team by providing vision and direction for Club
- Provide leadership, direction and problem solving to Unit Directors in the areas of fundraising, marketing and general resource development support
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings, representing and speaking for development staff
- Manage marketing and development staff and Brookings by creation and implementation of performance plans, quarterly reviews and individual and team staff meetings
- Creation of annual resource development budget and staying within budget
5. Creation of annual development & marketing plans for all three Units
- Supports and articulates the mission and principles of the Boys & Girls Club of Brookings.
- Responsible for the strategy, implementation, training and follow-up of the annual campaign in all corporate Units
- Responsible for the strategy, implementation and follow-up of the endowment campaign in all corporate Units
- Plan and implement the Boys & Girls Club Planned Giving program or capital campaign in all corporate Units
- Maintain relationships with local, regional and national collaborators in all corporate Units
- Support Special Events staff in implementation and directly solicit and secure sponsorships in all corporate Units for Marketing & Special Events Coordinator.
- Research, identify potential grants and follow up with grant preparation and submission for all Corporate Units
- Develops and maintains relationships with other organizations, donors, and potential donors in all corporate Units
- Directly solicits businesses and individuals for financial support in all corporate Units
- Update and implement the Boys & Girls Club stewarding plan, as well as advice and guide board of directors
- Works with investment advisors and partners regarding the endowment
- Keep knowledgeable of current agency programs and procedures
- Keep knowledgeable and pass to Director of Operations parent concerns or statements
- Upkeep and accuracy of donor records and files in vision and in hard copy
- Manage and oversee grant requirements & reports
- Responsible for resource development reporting and follow up including donor records, acknowledgements and reports on contributions and audit support, as required by the IRS
- Sign all receipts and acknowledgements from the Boys & Girls Club of all Units, unless otherwise assigned by Development Director or Executive Director.
- Understanding and create reports, donor history and statistical donor information from donor software
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
- Participation in Club wide events as determined necessary by supervisor
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated success in fundraising; annual campaigns, grants, endowment and planned giving
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques and sources of funding for non-profits
- High level communication skills
- Ability to work in fast paced, forward thinking and positive work environment
- Ability to do 10% travel to Moody County, Yankton and conferences
- Detail driven and mission focused approach to Resource Development
A full job descriptions and an application can be found on our website at www.greatfuturessd.org.
Applications can be sent to 1126 Southland Lane, Brookings, SD 57006. They can also be brought into the Club or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions can be answered by the email above or at 605-692-3333.